Monday, June 7, 2010

Ice Kachung!

Today has been quite busy, as have the last several days. I am sorry I've been unable to post updates more recently than now, but it has finally become possible for me to make regular updates this week. :-)

We drove from KL to Penang on Sunday afternoon and went to a very nice Chinese restaurant Sunday night for dinner. I ordered some noodle stuff, but the funny thing is, they didn't bring my food until everyone else finished eating! :-D its ok though, because I was not hungry by the time I got it, and the flavor was quite heavy with soy (not quite my favorite just yet). That night we moved into our next hotel, the GoodHope Inn. It is great! kind of rustic, with a tannish orange color on the exterior walls, and decent rooms. The interesting thing about this place is that the bathroom multitasks - it contains the toilet, sink and shower in one little room :-) Kinda fun! I'm rooming with Victor Pey, our team leader, and he is awesome! We are really enjoying rooming together. We stayed up until 3:30 our first night rooming together, talking about spiritual things, solving the Rubix cube, listening to music and just enjoying hanging out :-)

Today I tried something called Durian and ice kachung. Durian is a spiky outside, pods on the inside, type of fruit... kinda tasted and smells like a rotting sweet onion. the Ice kachung was also very unique! It has shaved ice, topped with a red juice (don't have ANY idea what flavor it was), and creamed corn, black gelatin strips, and red kidney beans. Pretty good stuff :-) when we went to lunch, I bought a chicken and rice plate... when I tried that hot sauce... yeah. pretty much burned my mouth off at first contact :-) :-) awesome!!! :-D

Pray for the team, especially over the next few days. We are going to be using alot of energy, and its not through our strength that we can do anything, but only as God gives us help! He is the reason we are where we are, and its incredible to see Him at work. Keep the prayers coming!

Gladly serving Christ,
Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment